MetaPWR is a form of Metabolic resistance training (MRT) and can be used as the cornerstone of your fat loss program, replacing steady-state low intensity exercise. MRT works every muscle group hard, frequently, and with an intensity that creates a massive metabolic disturbance that leaves the metabolism elevated for several hours post-workout.
MRT is a full-body workout using exercises that create the biggest metabolic demand. But it must be done in a rep range that generates lactic acid and pushes the lactic acid threshold. Training legs, back, and chest will burn more calories and increase your metabolism more than an isolated approach training just one of them - this why we have lots of full body movements in MetaPWR.
Here are 5 great reasons to include MetaPWR into your training schedule:
- It builds muscle and strength. Humans lose 2kgs of muscle every decade after age 30.
- The number of muscle fibers declines with age. From age 30 to age 70 we can lose more than 25% of the type 2 muscle fibers in our bodies (type 2 fibers are our strength fibers). Resistance exercise can slow down or even reverse the aging process by building muscle mass and strength.
- There is evidence that resistance exercise helps lower moderately high blood pressure.
- More strength can lead to fewer falls in the elderly.
- Resistance exercise can raise metabolic rate, an important factor in maintaining body weight.
Metabolic resistance training is one of the best, most intense strategies for building muscle, burning fat, and improving fitness. Take your conditioning workouts to another level with MetaPWR!
Check out the latest courses here or search for a MetaPWR coach here.